We have an exciting and challenging opportunity for a temporary Application Developer to join our Race Engineering Team. Reporting to the Race Support Team Leader, the successful candidate will develop application software with the aim of improving information flow and working efficiency within Race Engineering.
Key accountabilities / duties include but are not limited to:
• Collaborate with other developers to enhance a MeteorJS/React.js based platform and create new applications.
• Use modern code libraries to implement effective solutions, while considering best practices and robust design.
• Review and modify existing code to increase operating efficiency or meet new requirements, while enabling testing, debugging and maintenance.
• Centralise various data sources into a single document-oriented database (MongoDB).
• Design attractive web-based interfaces to allow for interaction, effective data visualisation and to enable clearer communication.
The applicant should be proficient in:
• Working knowledge of MeteorJS applications and React.js and front end web design.
• NoSQL, document-oriented databases such as MongoDB.
• Working collaboratively using version-control systems such as Git.
• Ideally, Electron or other modern desktop application solutions.
The applicant is expected to have a Masters level degree in a relevant field (Mathematics, Computer Science etc.).
Flexibility in hours and approach is required, along with a ‘can do’, ‘team playing’ attitude. Good verbal and written communication skills are very important. The ability to work under minimal supervision to strict deadlines and in a professional manner is essential.
We demand the best from our people. So it’s only right we reward them with the best benefits. That’s why we offer a competitive package, including: life assurance, private medical cover, 25 days holiday, on-site gym, and subsidised restaurant facilities.