We have an exciting opportunity for a high-performing Graduate Aerodynamicist to join our Team.
Key accountabilities / duties include:
Working as part of a small team and learning from world-class professionals, you will be responsible for delivering innovative projects, solving tough engineering challenges and making a real contribution to our on-track performance.
Developing aerodynamic concepts, your responsibilities will include:
• Planning and running projects through all stages of the aerodynamic process
• Using state-of-the-art wind-tunnel and computational tools to evaluate designs
• Applying understanding learnt from critical analysis of results to propose innovative solutions
• Working with other skilled specialists to turn your ideas into reality within tight timescales
From the moment you join us, we will support and develop you to excel at the highest level. Surrounded by teams of proven winners, and immersed in a culture of empowerment and fresh thinking, you will build the foundation for a successful career in your chosen specialism.
With the potential to shine in a demanding role, you are an academic high-achiever, who possesses strong practical skills and an open and curious mind. You are keen to develop and push yourself by applying your ‘can do’ attitude and passion for excellence to a demanding and fast-paced field.
Essential skills and experiences:
• Possess (or graduate this academic year with) outstanding qualifications in a relevant subject, eg PhD, MSc, or strong degree in Aerospace Engineering
• An excellent understanding of the fundamentals of low-speed aerodynamics
• Robust analytical and problem-solving skills, delivering innovative solutions to a high level of detail
• Interpersonal and communication skills of the highest quality
• Proven ability to work to strict deadlines in a team environment under minimal supervision
Preferred skills and experiences:
• Wind-tunnel testing using advanced techniques
• Simulating aerodynamic flows using CFD packages
• Improving aerodynamic performance through experimental testing and / or CFD simulation
We demand the best from our people. So it is only right we reward them with the best benefits. That is why we offer a competitive package, including a generous bonus, life assurance, private medical cover, Mercedes company car lease scheme, 25 days holiday, on-site gym and subsidised restaurant facilities.