Technical Roles 
Operations Roles 
CFD Aerodynamicist (Ref REQ-200105)
Closing Date: 30/04/2020 23:59:59
We have an exciting and challenging opportunity for a CFD Aerodynamicist within the Aerodynamics department. The successful candidate would be interested in developing their career within our innovative, forward-looking Formula One team and would work within the CFD applications group.
Key responsibilities would include:
- Working alongside highly skilled aerodynamicists, use the most innovative approaches in CFD to develop the best overall model for Aero development
- Identify correlation issues and demonstrate creativity to understand and resolve them, continually improving the aerodynamic development success rate
- Provide testing and support of our existing CFD codes and processes
- Act as a liaison between CFD developers and Aerodynamicists (CFD users) to ensure new software and processes meet the user’s requirements, including defining the process and workflow where necessary
- Use CFD and aerodynamic understanding to improve the efficiency of our CFD process, reducing man time and time on cluster
- Build on our tools to correlate CFD, windtunnel and track testing, to maximise the efficiency of the racecar aerodynamic development
The successful candidate would have:
- A strong score in an Aeronautical or Mechanical Engineering degree with a significant CFD content
- A track record of learning new engineering software quickly with knowledge of high-level programming, such as Python
- A strong understanding of aerodynamic principles and CFD theory, such as turbulence modelling, numerical stability etc.
- Experience in effective collaboration and the ability to interact well in a team
- Experience of practical applications of CFD to complex 3D geometries
We offer a competitive package including bonus, life assurance, private medical cover, Mercedes Company Car lease scheme, 25 days holiday (adjusted with service), on-site gym and restaurant facilities.
When applying if we could please ask you to include short answers to the following questions in your application that would be appreciated:
- Why does a CFD-related career interest you?
- What CFD experience do you have?
- What knowledge/experience, if any, do you have of OpenFOAM and/or SnappyHexMesh?
Closing Date: 30.04.2020view job
Wind Tunnel Technician (Fixed Term Weekend Nights Shift) (Ref REQ-200029)
Closing Date: 30/04/2020 23:59:59
An exciting vacancy has arisen for a Wind Tunnel Technician reporting to the Wind Tunnel Operations Manager.
As part of our highly skilled team of wind tunnel technicians, you will be responsible for:
- Operating the wind tunnel in accordance with an agreed rota of shift system.
- Execution of model changes for aerodynamic development tests in liaison with the aerodynamicists and model technicians.
- Assistance with maintenance and improvement of the tunnel systems in conjunction with other staff and outside contractors.
- Investigating and resolving tunnel issues.
- Maintaining and updating tunnel operating procedures, manuals and instrumentation records.
- Generating new ideas for improving the quality and productivity of the facility.
- Ensuring health and safety procedures are followed at all times.
- Maintaining high standards of housekeeping.
The ideal candidate will have an engineering qualification and demonstrate a high level of understanding of both mechanical and electronics systems. This position demands a high level of computer literacy and familiarity with typical instrumentation systems and data analysis tools (Pi toolbox). Strong practical engineering skills are also required when carrying out changes on the wind tunnel model.
Flexibility in hours and approach is required along with the ability to work on your own initiative, under high pressure and to strict deadlines.
In return for your work and commitment, we offer a competitive package including bonus, life assurance, private medical cover, car lease scheme, 25 days holidays, subsidised restaurant and on-site gym facilities.