Technical Roles 
Operations Roles 
Business Roles 
Closing Date: 17.10.2019view job
Commercial Research Associate (12 month FTC) (Ref REQ-054)
Closing Date: 17/10/2019 23:59:59
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a fixed-term Commercial Research Analyst to join the Commercial team.
This is a great opportunity for someone to take the next step in their career in a high-performance environment with enough autonomy to shape the role and become a key member of this leading commercial team within elite-level sport.
The role will be based in Brackley, UK.
- Market Insight and Analysis #1 - develop clear and concise executive summaries and briefing packs of specific market sectors and provide detailed insight into the financial health and future strategy of all companies within those sectors by using and distilling information from a variety of top-quality data sources and undertaking proprietary analysis.
- Market Insight and Analysis - #2 - development of sponsor target lists, through detailed systematic market mapping exercises, featuring companies/brands within specific sectors tiered by their propensity to sponsor Mercedes-Benz F1 & FE based on analysis of financial results, corporate strategy and overall market fit.
- Market Insight and Analysis - #3 – detailed financial modelling of target companies within the top tier of the ‘propensity to sponsor’ rankings (developed as part of the market insight and analysis #2 above).
- Manage relationships with research houses, third party agencies and suppliers to ensure the commercial team have access to latest best-in-class data in the most appropriate and user-friendly format.
- Build relationships with external stakeholders (e.g. UBS, Refinitiv, Nasdaq, LSE, FT, Private Equity and Venture Capital Investors) as required by the commercial team to improve the quality of our information and get better access to proprietary insight on new companies with significant revenues and marketing and partnership spends that could be future targets as potential partners, prior to them being targeted by our competitors.
- Overall responsibility for sector by sector insight, company lists within each sector and full contact details for key individuals and decision makers within each company and maintenance of associated database (s); work closely with the commercial team and partners to ensure data is updated regularly and accessible to all sales consultants.
- Proactively seek and administer new and innovative research techniques to augment the commercial team’s company and market knowledge to maximise effectiveness in identifying new companies as potential partners.
- Act as a point of contact for the commercial team for market and company insight and analysis, as well as any ad-hoc commercial research requirements.
- Support the commercial team in the early stages of the partner acquisition cycle.
- Support the sales lead within the commercial team in late stage negotiations of partnership acquisition by creating detailed financial models to evaluate alternate transaction structures.
- Monitor and report on developments and thematic trends in the global economy, as well as top tier partner targets, whilst providing insight on potential impact or relevance to the business of Formula One & Formula E.
The successful candidate will have a proven competence of analysing companies financially, strategically and operationally, to build a strong understanding of the dynamics affecting specific sectors, the financial strength of the key players within that sector, their associated USPs, marketing and partnership strategies and the markets within which they operate.
You will have experience working in investment banking with a strong track record of analysing a wide range of market segments and company data using multiple, credible sources to provide holistic advice on market positioning/corporate strategy of companies within specific sectors. You will also have a good understanding and experience of the global mining sector.
In addition, you will have a strong academic background with a business, accounting or economics-related degree from a leading University (minimum 2:1 grade).
You will thrive on working in a fast-paced, busy office environment and will be proactive and organised with the drive and wherewithal to go beyond the scope of project and prioritise accordingly, with the ability to switch seamlessly between self-directed independent work and close collaborative work with members of the wider commercial team.
We demand the best from our people. So it’s only right we reward them with the best benefits. That’s why we offer a competitive package, including: life assurance, private medical cover, 25 days holiday, on-site gym, and subsidised restaurant facilities
Closing date: 18 October 2019
Project Administrator (Fixed Term) (Ref REQ-145)
Closing Date: 19/10/2019 23:59:59
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Project Administrator to join our Applied Sciences Division on a fixed term basis. Reporting to the Project Director we are looking for a Project Administrator to coordinate project activities, including simple tasks as well as larger plans. The successful candidate will help arrange meetings, manage schedules, arrange assignments and communicate progress to all team members, and act as the point of contact for all participants.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Scheduling regular meetings with the project client and recording decisions (e.g. assigned tasks and next steps).
- Preparing action plans and gathering necessary resources.
- Assisting project director with progress updates, financial tracking, general reporting and ensuring the project assignments are completed on time and within budget.
- Monitor project progress and flag any potential issues.
- Working with the travel team to coordinate Adhoc travel requirements. Track expenses and predict future costs.
- Act as a point of contact for all project employees assisting embedded and remote MGP project members with accommodation needs, expense claims and other miscellaneous project needs.
The successful candidate will need to:
- Be Portsmouth based for a significant amount of the project’s duration.
- Have work experience as a Project Administrator, or similar role.
- Have hands-on experience with flowcharts, technical documentation and schedules.
- Be proficient with Microsoft Office products including, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Have solid organisation and time-management skills.
- Be willing to go the extra mile.
- Work with a variety of individuals that include a mix of engineers and technicians, so good communication and collaboration skills are essential.
Senior Aerodynamicist (Ref REQ-031)
Closing Date: 19/10/2019 23:59:59
We are looking for a high-performing Senior Aerodynamicist to join our Team. You already have an established track record in motorsport aerodynamics. With us, you will take the next step to cement a successful career in your chosen specialism.
Supported by our focus on developing your skills, you will fulfil your potential to excel at the highest level. Surrounded by proven winners and using our state-of-the art tools, you will flourish in an Aerodynamics Department that values creativity and fresh thinking.
Working as part of a small team, you will deliver innovative projects that yield on-track results. Responsibilities include:
- Train, mentor and support other engineers, sharing knowledge and specialist skills
- Lead, plan and run complex performance projects through all development stages
- Use our state-of-the-art wind tunnel and CFD facilities to evaluate new designs
- Apply understanding learnt from critical analysis of results to generate innovative solutions
- Work with a range of skilled specialists to turn ideas into reality within tight timescales
- Support the use of specialist tools (eg CFD, experimental) whilst also developing new capability
You have an open and curious mind, a creative approach to aerodynamic development and are keen to develop and push yourself further in a demanding role.
Essential skills and experiences:
- Established track record in top-level motorsport aerodynamics (eg F1, IndyCar, WEC)
- Proven ability to deliver aerodynamic gains using experimental and / or CFD methods
- Outstanding qualifications in a relevant subject, eg PhD, MSc, or strong degree in Aerospace Engineering
- An excellent understanding of the fundamentals of low-speed aerodynamics
- Robust analytical and problem-solving skills, delivering innovative solutions to a high level of detail
- Interpersonal and communication skills of the highest quality
Flexibility in hours and approach is required.
Partner Manager (Ref REQ-012)
Closing Date: 30/10/2019 23:59:59
A vacancy has arisen for an experienced Partner Manager in the Marketing Department for Mercedes-AMG PETRONAS Motorsport.
The candidate will be responsible for the planning and management of the global sponsorship activation programme for Mercedes-AMG PETRONAS Motorsport’s title partnership.
Working closely with the partner, its activation agency and key senior stakeholders within the team the role requires extensive time abroad, within the partner’s Global Head Office as well international travel for key Formula One races, marketing and sponsorship events and meetings held by the partner. The role is based at Mercedes-AMG PETRONAS Motorsport’s HQ in Brackley UK.
- Ensuring the specific marketing objectives of the title partner are maximised and their contractual rights are fully leveraged by delivering a range of marketing, PR, digital, events and hospitality projects.
- Daily management of partnership activities, as the principle contact both internally and within the partner organisations.
- Work closely with the partner and key internal stakeholders to define short and long-term business and communications objectives, ensure partnership objectives are met and ROI is achieved.
- Build and maintain relationships with the appropriate stakeholders globally within the allocated partner organisations.
- Plan, develop and manage creative and dynamic ideas and proposals relevant to the partnership and specific objectives.
- Management of PR, digital and marketing focused projects for the Partner.
- Ensure activation is delivered to a high standard and adheres to the Mercedes-Benz brand standards.
- On-going Partner relationship management at all organisational levels.
- Provide support for Partner Services colleagues as required and be able to work closely with a range of internal departments and external agencies.
As a key stakeholder for both parties, having strong personal skills matched with broad marketing experience is vital. Also desirable is a candidate with a flair for international business and experience of having worked with stakeholders across the globe.
The successful candidate will have experience of working within a high-performance team and will understand the dynamics required within high-profile partner management relationships. They will also thrive on multi-tasking across numerous on-going projects, whilst working in a fast-paced, busy office environment as well as on the road.
Additional key skills and experience:
- Experience in client service/account management with Blue Chip companies. The ability to demonstrate understanding of delivering value for clients is essential and experience of sports sponsorship would be beneficial.
- First-class organisational and time management skills and a sound attention to detail.
- A broad knowledge of core business, marketing and sponsorship principles and associated qualifications.
- Ability to demonstrate creativity within budgetary constraints and adhering to strict delivery deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Highly driven and be able to make decisions within a pressurised environment.
- Flexibility in hours and approach to complete operational duties.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision with a “can do” team attitude.
Salary and Benefits:
We demand the best from our people so it’s only right we reward them with the best benefits. That’s why we offer a competitive package, including: a generous bonus, life assurance, private medical cover and 25-days holiday.
Business Process Engineer (FTC) (Ref REQ-017)
Closing Date: 29/10/2019 23:59:59
We have an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated Business Process Engineer working in our Digital Engineering Transformation department, on a fixed term basis.
Reporting to the Chief Process Engineer the successful candidate will play a key role in the Team’s drive to further optimise our engineering processes and in the smooth implementation of new and improved digital engineering tools. With a strong academic background in engineering and in engineering process optimisation, the candidate will need to demonstrate a high level of relevant experience and an in-depth understanding of value stream and process mapping, business analysis tools and methodologies.
Reporting to the Chief Process Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- driving process capture, mapping and optimisation within the organisation
- ensuring that maximum improvements are made in existing and new engineering, operation and business processes
- ensuring that the requirements of the relevant departments are understood, documented, considered and implemented where possible
- mapping and analysing of existing value streams and processes
- designing and mapping of new processes
- identifying and defining the benefits and outcomes of improved and new processes
- preparing and leading of value stream and process mapping and optimisation
- preparing affected business areas and individuals for transition to new ways of working, including the running of process implementation and user education workshops
- solving process-related problems
- working with and supporting the Change Manager to ensure smooth overall change programme delivery
As well as being a passionate, hardworking team player, the ideal candidate will possess:
- Relevant engineering and/or business master’s degree (2:1 minimum grade) or similar qualification
- Relevant certification in BPM, BA, Lean, Six Sigma etc.
- High level of practical experience in engineering process mapping, analysis and optimisation in a fast pace engineering driven organisation
- High level of exposure and application of engineering process methodologies and tools
- Proven record of significant engineering process optimisation
Excellent communicative and collaborative skills are essential.
Lead Software Engineer (Ref REQ-082)
Closing Date: 14/11/2019 23:59:59
We're seeking a highly skilled and experienced Lead Software Engineer to join our growing agile software development group. You’ll lead a team of software engineers to deliver on key projects to continuously develop more comprehensive insights of our car, driving our race performance.
This role will include both people management and hands on technical involvement in key projects.
Partnering with key areas of the business, you’ll balance their needs with team capacity and manage internal customers software experience. Key projects include developing our Driver in the Loop real time simulator, our HPC infrastructure and our data capture and analysis systems. You’ll streamline our software development projects and processes, build the capabilities of our team and work with both existing systems and new projects, to deliver real value in the business.
Your work will push our car development both on and off track, and you’ll get the opportunity to work with a wide range of key stakeholders, delivering high value projects with a real-world impact.
We want to be the best in everything that we do from racing cars to software development, and are looking to revolutionise our working practices, from concept to deployment. We’re creating the next generation of software infrastructure that will be the foundation of our success for years to come.
We’re looking for someone who has proven experience in leading a software team, delivering solutions to complex problems and who can work with key stakeholders, maintaining a strong customer focus. It’s a really exciting time to join our team, where you can make a tangible impact on our car development and race performance.
What You'll Do
- Lead and coach the software development team, building a supportive environment and developing capabilities to ensure the smooth delivery of major technical projects.
- Be the key point of contact for new software requirements and internal stakeholder management.
- Enhance existing systems, ensuring sustainable solutions, whilst building the functionality of the future.
- Streamline our software engineering projects and processes with the team, ensuring seamless customer experiences and advocating best practices.
- Provide architectural advice and guidance.
- Support some of our live race events, ensuring the team can access the right information at the right time to enhance our strategic decision making.
- With support from the business, lead the software development team on all people matters with a focus on performance, development, engagement and wellbeing.
Who You Are
- Degree in Computer Science (or similar), or relevant experience.
- Experience leading high performing self-organising teams, delivering solutions to complex problems
- Excellent communication skills and experience working with a strong customer focus
- Experience using agile development methodologies such as TDD and CI
- Significant experience of at least one programming language, ideally C#, and a strong knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming (OOP).
- Extensive knowledge of the full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Excellent communication skills and experience managing key stakeholder relationships
- Able to create and nurture a culture of problem solvers eager to tackle new challenges
In return for your work and commitment, we offer a competitive package including bonus, life assurance, private medical cover, car lease scheme, 25 days holidays, subsidised restaurant and on-site gym facilities.