Business Roles 
esports Partner Executive (Ref REQ-200018)
Closing Date: 17/07/2020 23:59:59
A vacancy has arisen for an enthusiastic esports Partner Executive in the Marketing Department of the Mercedes-AMG Formula One Team.
The successful candidate will be responsible managing and coordinating a number of the team’s esports Partnerships, working closely with the partners, their activation agencies, and key stakeholders within the team, to ensure that marketing entitlements are delivered efficiently and effectively. This is a unique opportunity to be part of the growth of sim-racing as a category within esports. As such, a good knowledge of the wider esports industry is required to be able to be pro-active and provide forward thinking ideas.
Based out of the Mercedes-AMG PETRONAS Formula One Teams HQ in Brackley, UK, the role requires travel to esports tournaments, as well as marketing and sponsorship events and meetings held by the Partners both in the UK and Internationally.
- Work closely with the Partners and key internal stakeholders to define short and long-term objectives.
- Plan, develop and manage creative and dynamic ideas and proposals relevant to the Partnership specific objectives.
- Daily management of partnership activities, as the principle contact both internally and within the Partner organisations, ensuring partnership objectives are met and ROI is achieved.
- Build and maintain relationships with the appropriate stakeholders globally within the allocated Partner organisations, their agencies and suppliers.
- Ensure activation is delivered to a high standard and adheres to the Mercedes-Benz brand standards.
- Create and deliver accurate status up-dates and reports of the management of the Partnerships along with the success of the activation delivery for both internal and Partner distribution.
- Attendance at tournaments when required.
- Management of Partner access and use of drivers from the initial concept, through to the creation of driver appearance briefs, all on-site management, and logistical support to ensure smooth and successful events.
- Support internal colleagues with the on-going development of marketing tools and assets for the successful delivery of esports Partnerships.
- Provide support for Partner Services colleagues as required and work closely with a range of internal departments and external agencies.
- Assist colleagues within the Marketing Operations team including those within the Formula One Partner Services team as and when required.
The successful candidate will have experience of working within a high-performance team and thrive on multi-tasking across numerous on-going projects, whilst working in a fast-paced, busy office environment as well as on the road. Forward thinking is a key requirement, whilst a confident yet approachable manner is required in order to build Partner confidence, trust and cooperation.
Additional key skills and experience:
- At least 1 years’ experience working in the esports industry and/or esports marketing.
- Experience and understanding of esports league and event operations and tournament structures across multiple games/tournament formats.
- Understanding of the role sponsorship plays within the esports industry and the ability to create and deliver innovative esports activation campaigns.
- First-class organisational and time management skills and a sound attention to detail.
- A knowledge of core business, marketing and sponsorship principles.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision with a “can do” team attitude.
Salary and Benefits:
We demand the best from our people so it’s only right we reward them with the best benefits. That’s why we offer a competitive package, including: a generous bonus, life assurance, private medical cover and 25 days holiday.