Technical Roles 
Operations Roles 
Lead Software Engineer (Ref REQ-082)
Closing Date: 14/11/2019 23:59:59
We're seeking a highly skilled and experienced Lead Software Engineer to join our growing agile software development group. You’ll lead a team of software engineers to deliver on key projects to continuously develop more comprehensive insights of our car, driving our race performance.
This role will include both people management and hands on technical involvement in key projects.
Partnering with key areas of the business, you’ll balance their needs with team capacity and manage internal customers software experience. Key projects include developing our Driver in the Loop real time simulator, our HPC infrastructure and our data capture and analysis systems. You’ll streamline our software development projects and processes, build the capabilities of our team and work with both existing systems and new projects, to deliver real value in the business.
Your work will push our car development both on and off track, and you’ll get the opportunity to work with a wide range of key stakeholders, delivering high value projects with a real-world impact.
We want to be the best in everything that we do from racing cars to software development, and are looking to revolutionise our working practices, from concept to deployment. We’re creating the next generation of software infrastructure that will be the foundation of our success for years to come.
We’re looking for someone who has proven experience in leading a software team, delivering solutions to complex problems and who can work with key stakeholders, maintaining a strong customer focus. It’s a really exciting time to join our team, where you can make a tangible impact on our car development and race performance.
What You'll Do
- Lead and coach the software development team, building a supportive environment and developing capabilities to ensure the smooth delivery of major technical projects.
- Be the key point of contact for new software requirements and internal stakeholder management.
- Enhance existing systems, ensuring sustainable solutions, whilst building the functionality of the future.
- Streamline our software engineering projects and processes with the team, ensuring seamless customer experiences and advocating best practices.
- Provide architectural advice and guidance.
- Support some of our live race events, ensuring the team can access the right information at the right time to enhance our strategic decision making.
- With support from the business, lead the software development team on all people matters with a focus on performance, development, engagement and wellbeing.
Who You Are
- Degree in Computer Science (or similar), or relevant experience.
- Experience leading high performing self-organising teams, delivering solutions to complex problems
- Excellent communication skills and experience working with a strong customer focus
- Experience using agile development methodologies such as TDD and CI
- Significant experience of at least one programming language, ideally C#, and a strong knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming (OOP).
- Extensive knowledge of the full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Excellent communication skills and experience managing key stakeholder relationships
- Able to create and nurture a culture of problem solvers eager to tackle new challenges
In return for your work and commitment, we offer a competitive package including bonus, life assurance, private medical cover, car lease scheme, 25 days holidays, subsidised restaurant and on-site gym facilities.
CNC Programmer (Ref REQ-190204)
Closing Date: 13/11/2019 23:59:59
CNC Programmer, Composite Machining Centre
A vacancy has arisen for a CNC Programmer within the Composite Machining Centre, reporting to the Composite Machining Manager and Senior Programmer.
You will be responsible for creating machine programmes direct from 3D CAD Model for multiple 5 axis machine centres.
Your other responsibilities will include:
- Creating programmes for machinist to utilise for the operation of 5 Axis machine centres within controlled process to the highest quality whilst meeting timescales.
- Maintaining quality and workmanship to high standards using timely and cost-effective manufacturing methods following department protocol.
- Responsible to work with team members to contribute towards the development and feed back to CAM supplier and design.
- Responsible for minimising scrap by using the most efficient machining methods.
- Promoting and enforce Health and Safety regulations within the workshop and Company.
- Solving manufacturing problems and communicating problems to relevant personnel, as per departmental and Company procedures.
- Liaising with various personnel as required, across the functions within the whole team.
- Complying with all departmental and Company procedures and ensuring safe use of all tooling and machinery.
- Flexibility in hours and the ability to work under minimum supervision.
The successful candidate will have a recognised engineering apprenticeship or equivalent qualification. Knowledge of Autodesk (Delcam) Powermill and Powershape software is essential. A proven competence of 5 Axis CNC machine tools is essential and experience of Windows and Microsoft office software is required.
Build Purchasing Assistant (Ref REQ-036)
Closing Date: 13/11/2019 23:59:59
A vacancy has arisen for Programme Purchasing Support reporting to the Purchasing Manager.
The successful candidate’s primary responsibility is to provide a manufacturing / delivery status for the external supply chain during the new car build programme.
Key Accountabilities / Duties include:
- Daily status reporting of parts to give clear indication of availability
- Liaising with internal stakeholders and subsequently prioritising / expediting components required from the external supply chain
- Assist in confirming transport requirements for the delivery of car components
- Expediting of overdue Purchase Orders within our supply chain
- Creation of Purchase Orders as required to support the team
- Export of cad data to support buyers during car build
- Strong Organisation skills
- Confident communicator
- Resilient and comfortable working to short lead times
- Confident with business systems i.e. SAP
- Competent with Microsoft Office
Flexibility in hours and approach is required, along with appropriate supportive team behaviours, and ability to work with minimal supervision to tight deadlines in a high performance environment.
We demand the best from our people. So it’s only right we reward them with the best benefits. That’s why we offer a competitive package, including: life assurance, private medical cover, 25 days holiday, on-site gym, and subsidised restaurant facilities.
Storesperson (6 Months FTC) (Ref REQ-190185)
Closing Date: 19/11/2019 23:59:59
A vacancy has arisen for a Storesperson reporting to the Stores Team Leader.
The successful candidate will be working in a busy stores department undertaking a variety of duties to help keep the department efficient and tidy. The role is mainly focusing on stock control and component distribution.
Key Accountabilities / Duties include:
• Work closely with other stores members to help keep stock accurate.
• Picking orders for various departments including Race Team spares.
• Conducting stock counts.
• Serving stores customers quickly and efficiently.
• Processing parts through to Inspection from ‘Goods In’.
• Processing parts from inspection into various departments.
• Assisting with Hand Carry as required for each event.
• Helping to ensure a clean and tidy working environment.
• Helping out in other departments if required.
General stores experience is required. Flexibility in hours and a can-do approach is required, along with the ability to work in a team, under high pressure and to strict deadlines with minimum supervision.
Closing Date: 25.11.2019view job
Test & Development Technician (12 Months Fixed Term Contract) (Ref REQ-190186)
Closing Date: 25/11/2019 23:59:59
We have an exciting opportunity in our Test and Development department for a Test and Development Technician to join the team on a 12-month fixed term basis. Reporting into the T&D Technical Team Leader the successful candidate will be responsible for a wide range of tests as well as the proofing and fatiguing of car components.
Key accountabilities / duties include but are not limited to:
- The proof and fatiguing of class A car components both carbon and steel
- Routine turnaround proof testing
- Multi and single Axis rig support
- Calibration of strain gauged components
- Materials testing
- They must demonstrate an analytical approach to problem solving and trouble shooting.
- Desired knowledge of Vehicle mechanical assemblies.
- Experience in the use of software programs running in Windows 10 and an understanding of Microsoft Office packages such as Excel and word.
- Have achieved a minimum qualification of Level 3 apprenticeship or equivalent.
Flexibility in hours and approach is required, along with a ‘can do’, ‘team playing’ attitude. Good verbal and written communication skills are very important. The ability to work under minimal supervision to strict deadlines and in a professional manner is essential.
We demand the best from our people. So, it’s only right we reward them with the best benefits. That’s why we offer a competitive package, including: a generous bonus, life assurance, private medical cover, Mercedes company car lease scheme, 25 days holiday, on-site gym and subsidised restaurant facilities.