Senior Software Engineer (Ref REQ-002)
Closing Date: 28/09/2019 23:59:59
We're seeking a highly skilled and experienced Senior Software Engineer to join our growing agile software development group. You’ll deliver on key projects to continuously develop more comprehensive insights of our car, driving our race performance.
Partnering with key areas of the business, you’ll enhance existing tools and systems, deliver exciting new projects and manage internal customer experience. Key projects include developing our Driver in the Loop real time simulator, our HPC infrastructure and our data capture and analysis systems. You’ll help to streamline our software development projects and processes and build the capabilities of our team to deliver real value in the business.
Your work will push our car development both on and off track, and you’ll get the opportunity to work with a wide range of key stakeholders, delivering high value projects with a real-world impact.
We want to be the best in everything that we do from racing cars to software development, and are looking to revolutionise our working practices, from concept to deployment. We’re creating the next generation of software infrastructure that will be the foundation of our success for years to come.
We’re looking for someone who has proven experience, working at a senior level in a software team, who has delivered solutions to complex problems. It’s vital that you can work with key stakeholders, maintaining a strong customer focus. It’s a really exciting time to join our team, where you can make a tangible impact on our car development and race performance.
What you'll do:
- Mentor the software development team, building a supportive environment and developing capabilities to ensure the smooth delivery of major technical projects.
- Be a key point of contact for new software requirements and internal stakeholder management.
- Enhance existing systems, ensuring sustainable solutions, whilst building the functionality of the future.
- Streamline our software engineering projects and processes with the team, ensuring seamless customer experiences and advocating best practices.
- Provide architectural advice and guidance.
- Support some of our live race events, ensuring the team can access the right information at the right time to enhance our strategic decision making.
Who you are:
- Degree in Computer Science (or similar), or relevant experience.
- Experience working in high performing self-organising teams, delivering solutions to complex problems
- Excellent communication skills and experience working with a strong customer focus
- Experience using agile development methodologies such as TDD and CI
- Significant experience of at least one programming language, ideally C#, and strong knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming (OOP).
- Extensive knowledge of the full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Excellent communication skills and experience managing key stakeholder relationships
- Able to create and nurture a culture of problem solvers eager to tackle new challenges
We demand the best from our people. So it’s only right we reward them with the best benefits. That’s why we offer a competitive package, including: life assurance, private medical cover, 25 days holiday, on-site gym, and subsidised restaurant facilities.