Engine Systems Technician (6 Months FTC) (Ref REQ-004)
Closing Date: 25/08/2019 23:59:59
A vacancy has arisen for a Build Systems Technician reporting to the Engine Systems Team Leader.
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring all Engine Systems assemblies are prepared to the highest standards by utilising all the correct quality build procedures.
Key Accountabilities / Duties include:
- Working with the Engine Systems Team Leaders, ensure all build procedures and workshop standards are adhered to. Support any rig testing required on completed assemblies prior to the components being issued to the cars.
- Assist with the running of the workshop and working with the Race Team Engine Dressers on a day to day basis when at the factory.
- Actively work on all aspects of engine dressing and the fuel system including the sub assembly of all the engine and ERS cooling systems.
- Working with the engine dressers ensure that correct stock levels of non lifed parts are taken to each event.
- Working with the Engine System Team Leader ensure that the correct lifed parts, at the correct issue level, are taken to each event.
- Working with the Engine System Team Leader ensure that the correct servicing procedures are carried out and that SAP Service Orders are updated correctly.
- Drive continuous improvement in the Engine Systems area to provide improvements in Health & Safety, Quality, delivery adherence, productivity and cost reduction.
- Assist in maintaining an updated SAP based stock list for the Engine Systems area.
- Create and maintain Engine System build procedures, check lists and drawing books.
- Ensure all Build Quality procedures are implemented and all procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Actively support any new part installations and prefits.
- Provide support to all Engine System related HPP projects.
- Assist in mock up fuel system and engine chassis installations.
- Provide support to Special Events as required.
- Assist in the ECN process with the Engine Systems Team Leader.
- Ensure that the Engine and Fuel system workshops are maintained in a clean and tidy condition.
- Follow all company Health and Safety policies.
- Attend training courses as required.
- Mechanical experience in F1 required.
- Good knowledge of quality systems.
- Strong computer skills.
- SAP experience.
Flexibility in hours and a can-do approach is required, along with the ability to work in a team, under high pressure and to strict deadlines with minimum supervision.
We demand the best from our people. So it’s only right we reward them with the best benefits. That’s why we offer a competitive package, including: life assurance, private medical cover, 25 days holiday, on-site gym, and subsidised restaurant facilities.