Graduate Powertrain Control Engineer (Ref REQ-025)
Closing Date: 23/09/2019 23:59:59
Based within the Control Systems Department you will be responsible for operational aspects of vehicle transmissions at scheduled events. The role is potentially wide-ranging, but core scope involves pre-event preparation, on-event data analysis and post-event reporting. The work location will be predominantly in the UK and encompass weekends.
- Develop a deep understanding of transmission functionality at system and component level and as a result, provide effective fault diagnosis.
- Generate prompt and accurate reports to communicate faults, concerns and potential improvements during events.
- Support pre-event health check tasks of related transmission components under supervision.
- Work with additional departments to provide planning and parts logistic management resulting in efficient on-event transmission operation.
- Develop a skill set that assists other members with Control System-related transmission developments away from scheduled events.
- A strong engineering-based degree including specialisations such as mechanical, control, electronic engineering or similar.
- Familiarity of vehicle transmission, hydraulic & electronic systems an advantage but not essential.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- High attention to detail while being able to work with limited supervision to tight deadlines.
In return for your work and commitment, we offer a competitive package including bonus, life assurance, private medical cover, car lease scheme, 25 days holidays, subsidised restaurant and on-site gym facilities.