Machine Shop Tooling Stores Person (7 Months FTC) (Ref REQ-026)
Closing Date: 26/08/2019 23:59:59
MACHINE SHOP TOOLING STORES PERSON
A new vacancy has arisen for a Tooling Stores Person reporting to the Machine Shop CAM Team Leader.
The successful candidate will coordinate the Tooling and Gauges within the Main Machine Shop.
Key Accountabilities/Duties include:
- Distributing cutting tools, holders and gauges to the Machine Shop on request.
- Replenishing used tooling, holders and gauges to maintain accurate stock levels.
- Maintaining accurate calibration of Machine Shop measuring equipment and database.
- Raising requisitions for Machine Shop equipment.
- Build and supply cutting tool assemblies to the Machine Shop.
- Deputise and support other Production Support activities as required.
The successful applicant will have a process mind-set and ideally have a background in manufacturing, preferably in a machine shop environment. You will be a confident Microsoft Office user, with experience of manufacturing specific (ERP) software being highly desirable. An eagerness to learn new technical skills is essential, along with a good eye for detail and a belief in the principles of continuous improvement. The ability to create a positive profile for yourself, this new position and to deliver its potential is a pre-requisite.
Flexibility in hours and a can-do approach is required, along with the ability to work in a team, under high pressure and to strict deadlines with minimum supervision.
We demand the best from our people. So it’s only right we reward them with the best benefits. That’s why we offer a competitive package, including: a generous bonus, life assurance, private medical cover, Mercedes company car lease scheme, 25 days holiday, on-site gym, and subsidised restaurant facilities.