Senior Aerodynamicist (Ref REQ-031)
Closing Date: 26/08/2019 23:59:59
We are looking for a high-performing Senior Aerodynamicist to join our Team. You already have an established track record in motorsport aerodynamics. With us, you will take the next step to cement a successful career in your chosen specialism.
Supported by our focus on developing your skills, you will fulfil your potential to excel at the highest level. Surrounded by proven winners and using our state-of-the art tools, you will flourish in an Aerodynamics Department that values creativity and fresh thinking.
Working as part of a small team, you will deliver innovative projects that yield on-track results. Responsibilities include:
- Train, mentor and support other engineers, sharing knowledge and specialist skills
- Lead, plan and run complex performance projects through all development stages
- Use our state-of-the-art wind tunnel and CFD facilities to evaluate new designs
- Apply understanding learnt from critical analysis of results to generate innovative solutions
- Work with a range of skilled specialists to turn ideas into reality within tight timescales
- Support the use of specialist tools (eg CFD, experimental) whilst also developing new capability
You have an open and curious mind, a creative approach to aerodynamic development and are keen to develop and push yourself further in a demanding role.
Essential skills and experiences:
- Established track record in top-level motorsport aerodynamics (eg F1, IndyCar, WEC)
- Proven ability to deliver aerodynamic gains using experimental and / or CFD methods
- Outstanding qualifications in a relevant subject, eg PhD, MSc, or strong degree in Aerospace Engineering
- An excellent understanding of the fundamentals of low-speed aerodynamics
- Robust analytical and problem-solving skills, delivering innovative solutions to a high level of detail
- Interpersonal and communication skills of the highest quality
Flexibility in hours and approach is required.