Dyno Systems Engineer (Ref REQ-033)
Closing Date: 25/08/2019 23:59:59
We have an exciting opportunity for a Systems Engineer to join our Dyno Team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the installation, configuration and health of on-car electronic systems and data acquisition during dyno test events.
- Preparation of the chassis rack with reference code versions, datasets, calibration & set up according to MAMG requirements.
- Monitor the performance and health of the chassis and power unit systems on event.
- Reporting of test issues or failures to the Dyno Test Engineer.
- Electrical hardware installation, configuration, and maintenance of logging schedule.
- Live data analysis and development of analysis/post-processing tools.
- Reporting of faults with responsibility for the resolution of support system related issues.
- Mileage reporting and processing of dyno operational utilisation metrics.
- Maintain CAN and Profibus communication networks.
- Maintain the calibration and validation of dyno test hardware.
- Develop a working knowledge of dyno control systems.
- Liaison with electronics / controls to ensure the correct powertrain hardware & software configurations are applied.
- Maintenance of concise and relevant operational procedures.
The applicant will have attained a high performing degree in a relevant field (Electrical, Mechanical, Automotive etc.).
Experience in a similar role in motorsport is advantageous but not essential.
Flexibility in hours and approach is required, along with a ‘can do’, ‘team playing’ attitude. Good verbal and written communication skills are very important. The ability to work under minimal supervision to strict deadlines and in a professional manner is essential.
- Previous experience working with on-car electronic systems, data processing and analysis in a motorsport environment would be advantageous.
- Familiarity with MES ATLAS and SECU software.
- Previous experience working hands-on with on-car electrical systems in a motorsport, dyno test or trackside environment is preferable.
- Working interest in controls system development.
- Strong electrical diagnostic ability; 17th/18th Edition qualification advantageous
- Good practical and theoretical knowledge of F1 gearbox / hydraulics / engine systems.
- Highly motivated, able to make decisions within a pressurised environment and have an active interest in technical problem solving.
We demand the best from our people so it’s only right we reward them with the best benefits. That’s why we offer a competitive package, including: life assurance, private medical cover, 25 days holiday, on-site gym, and subsidised restaurant facilities.
Closing Date: 26th August 2019