Inspector (Ref REQ-045)
Closing Date: 24/08/2019 23:59:59
A Vacancy has arisen for an Inspector within the Car Build function.
You will be responsible for the efficient inspection and verification of components, to ensure adherence to specification, in accordance with defined procedures and priorities.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Use of inspection equipment to ensure dimensional, mechanical and visual characteristics of each component adhere to drawing specifications.
- Strict adherence to drawings, operating procedures and work instructions to ensure zero defect.
- Must be able to program CMM using PCDMIS, both on-line and off-line.
- Flexible working with the Manager enabling time-efficient inspection to achieve defined priorities and due dates.
- Working within defined Health and Safety guidelines.
- Careful component handling and packaging to prevent component to component and transit damage.
- Clear component labelling to identify status.
- Timely and accurate booking and recording on our Manufacturing Systems.
- Identification of any non-conforming components and writing of non-conformance reports (NCR). This includes liaison with authorising Design personnel to determine disposition of components and necessary action to be taken, concluding in a timely manner.
- Continual Improvement - Identify areas for improvement in own Dept.
- Experience in F1 required
- Good knowledge of quality systems
- Strong computer skills
- Experience in the use of SAP
The successful candidate will be have a basic understanding and interpretation of engineering drawings and will be conscientious with a keen eye for detail; as marking accuracy is paramount.
Flexibility in hours and approach is required, along with appropriate supportive team behaviours, and abilities to work with minimal supervision to tight deadlines in a high throughput environment.
In return for your work and commitment, we offer a competitive package including bonus, life assurance, private medical cover, car lease scheme, 25 days holidays, subsidised restaurant and on-site gym facilities.