Commercial Research Associate (12 month FTC) (Ref REQ-054)
Closing Date: 17/10/2019 23:59:59
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a fixed-term Commercial Research Analyst to join the Commercial team.
This is a great opportunity for someone to take the next step in their career in a high-performance environment with enough autonomy to shape the role and become a key member of this leading commercial team within elite-level sport.
The role will be based in Brackley, UK.
- Market Insight and Analysis #1 - develop clear and concise executive summaries and briefing packs of specific market sectors and provide detailed insight into the financial health and future strategy of all companies within those sectors by using and distilling information from a variety of top-quality data sources and undertaking proprietary analysis.
- Market Insight and Analysis - #2 - development of sponsor target lists, through detailed systematic market mapping exercises, featuring companies/brands within specific sectors tiered by their propensity to sponsor Mercedes-Benz F1 & FE based on analysis of financial results, corporate strategy and overall market fit.
- Market Insight and Analysis - #3 – detailed financial modelling of target companies within the top tier of the ‘propensity to sponsor’ rankings (developed as part of the market insight and analysis #2 above).
- Manage relationships with research houses, third party agencies and suppliers to ensure the commercial team have access to latest best-in-class data in the most appropriate and user-friendly format.
- Build relationships with external stakeholders (e.g. UBS, Refinitiv, Nasdaq, LSE, FT, Private Equity and Venture Capital Investors) as required by the commercial team to improve the quality of our information and get better access to proprietary insight on new companies with significant revenues and marketing and partnership spends that could be future targets as potential partners, prior to them being targeted by our competitors.
- Overall responsibility for sector by sector insight, company lists within each sector and full contact details for key individuals and decision makers within each company and maintenance of associated database (s); work closely with the commercial team and partners to ensure data is updated regularly and accessible to all sales consultants.
- Proactively seek and administer new and innovative research techniques to augment the commercial team’s company and market knowledge to maximise effectiveness in identifying new companies as potential partners.
- Act as a point of contact for the commercial team for market and company insight and analysis, as well as any ad-hoc commercial research requirements.
- Support the commercial team in the early stages of the partner acquisition cycle.
- Support the sales lead within the commercial team in late stage negotiations of partnership acquisition by creating detailed financial models to evaluate alternate transaction structures.
- Monitor and report on developments and thematic trends in the global economy, as well as top tier partner targets, whilst providing insight on potential impact or relevance to the business of Formula One & Formula E.
The successful candidate will have a proven competence of analysing companies financially, strategically and operationally, to build a strong understanding of the dynamics affecting specific sectors, the financial strength of the key players within that sector, their associated USPs, marketing and partnership strategies and the markets within which they operate.
You will have experience working in investment banking with a strong track record of analysing a wide range of market segments and company data using multiple, credible sources to provide holistic advice on market positioning/corporate strategy of companies within specific sectors. You will also have a good understanding and experience of the global mining sector.
In addition, you will have a strong academic background with a business, accounting or economics-related degree from a leading University (minimum 2:1 grade).
You will thrive on working in a fast-paced, busy office environment and will be proactive and organised with the drive and wherewithal to go beyond the scope of project and prioritise accordingly, with the ability to switch seamlessly between self-directed independent work and close collaborative work with members of the wider commercial team.
We demand the best from our people. So it’s only right we reward them with the best benefits. That’s why we offer a competitive package, including: life assurance, private medical cover, 25 days holiday, on-site gym, and subsidised restaurant facilities
Closing date: 18 October 2019