Senior Mechanical Design Engineer (Ref REQ-060)
Closing Date: 28/09/2019 23:59:59
A fantastic opportunity has become available in our Mechanical Design Group for a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer specialising in hydraulic component design.
Reporting to one of our Lead Mechanical Design Engineers, the successful candidate will take full ownership and responsibility for a variety of complex hydraulic projects. Using an analytical approach alongside a high attention to detail to engineering design, they will take ownership of major mechanical projects from concept through to design, testing and implementation onto the race car.
- Initiating and implementing the design and development of mechanical and hydraulic assemblies of the highest complexity and to the highest standards.
- Specifying and managing the R&D testing programmes for safety and performance critical systems
- Reliability management of assigned systems throughout component life cycle and in support of the team’s reliability function.
- Close collaboration with other engineering departments and external suppliers to ensure fully integrated system designs, achieving optimal car performance.
- Use of Catia FEA to support your own designs
- Mechanical, automotive or aeronautical engineering degree (2:1 minimum grade) or similar qualification with a high level of experience in F1, another top level motorsport category or an equivalent high level engineering industry.
- Strong knowledge of hydraulic system design.
- Experience of current F1 Steering and braking systems desirable.
- Experience of Catia V5/3DX mechanical design package. Operating knowledge of Catia Kinematics and surfacing experience would be an advantage.
- Use of finite element analysis tools (ideally with Catia V5/3DX package) and hand calculation methodologies to produce reliable and optimised designs.
- Basic data analysis and system simulation knowledge would be an advantage.
- Excellent communication and collaborative skills to ensure cross departmental integration
- High attention to detail and the ability to work under limited supervision to tight deadlines.
In return for your work and commitment, we offer a competitive package including bonus, life assurance, private medical cover, car lease scheme, 25 days holidays, subsidised restaurant and on-site gym facilities.