Composite Build Manager (Ref REQ-064)
Closing Date: 02/09/2019 23:59:59
We have an exciting opportunity for a Composite Build Manager with our operations team. The area is responsible for the final assembly and functional checks on the key composite assemblies that form the Mercedes-AMG Petronas Formula One car such as front and rear wings, noses, floors and bodywork. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the desired composite parts are built to the correct configuration and delivered to the race events on time and to the correct quality/quantity.
- Lead the Composite Build team, coordinating day-to-day activities related to final assembly and pre-fit of bodywork, floors, wing & noses.
- Generate bodywork & wing build plans for race events ensuring that planned parts are delivered on time and to the desired quality/quantity.
- Plan and coordinate the supply of composite assemblies, interfacing with composite manufacturing, testing and paint to ensure delivery to race events.
- Liaise between the race team and the factory teams to ensure that desired part quantities are available for race event and that damage/quarantine/shortage lists are actioned.
- Coordinate the freight of composite part supply to race events and any turnaround freight for servicing.
- Manage delivery of new parts and implement any engineering change notes on composite assemblies. Ensure the new parts list for race events is updated with status information.
Candidate Profile for this role:
We are looking for a self-motivated, team player that is passionate about working for our team and has a winning mindset. You should be capable of working to a high quality while under pressure to meet tight deadlines. Good planning and communication skills are key in addition to being computer literate. You should have knowledge of assembly of composite structures for F1 cars such as wings, floors and body-work. Trackside experience and/or experience in working in factory build department is considered an advantage. The ability to interpret drawings and technical specifications is required.
We demand the best from our people. So, it’s only right we reward them with the best benefits. That’s why we offer a competitive package, including: a generous bonus, life assurance, private medical cover, 25 days holiday, on-site gym and subsidised restaurant facilities.