Graduate Software Engineer (Ref REQ-077)
Closing Date: 28/09/2019 23:59:59
We're seeking a highly talented and motivated Graduate Software Engineer to join our growing agile software development group. You’ll work in a self-directing project team, with other developers to deliver projects that continuously improve our insights of our car, driving our race performance.
Partnering with key internal customers, you’ll understand their requirements, build functionality and test our solutions to ensure a seamless customer experience. Key projects will enhance our existing systems and develop new functionality for our teams, examples include our Driver in the Loop real time simulator, our HPC infrastructure and our data capture and analysis systems.
Your work will push our car development both on and off track, and you’ll get the opportunity to work with a wide range of key stakeholders, delivering high value projects with a real-world impact.
We want to be the best in everything that we do from racing cars to software development, and are looking to revolutionise our working practices, from concept to deployment. We’re creating the next generation of software infrastructure that will be the foundation of our success for years to come.
We’re looking for a pro-active and talented graduate, who is keen to develop their career in a customer facing environment. In return, we’ll provide you with opportunities for growth, mentoring support and the chance to support our race team at live events.
It’s a really exciting time to join our team, where you can make a tangible impact on our car development and race performance.
Working as part of a project team, you will:
- Enhancing existing systems and build new functionality to further our understanding of our race car.
- Building a strong understanding of our internal customer needs, providing a seamless customer experience and deliver projects to a high standard.
- Plan project architecture ensuring sustainable integration with our existing systems.
- Developing automated test plans, to ensure projects are rigorously tested before release.
- Using agile development methodologies and continuously improve how we make software.
- Developing your technical skills to suit a variety of business needs.
- Supporting some of our live race events, ensuring the team can access the right information at the right time to enhance our strategic decision making.
Who You Are
- Relevant degree in Computer Science or similar
- Experience working with code bases, either on a placement scheme or personal projects, preferably in C#, with an understanding of Object-Oriented Programming.
- Understanding of agile development methodologies and full Software Development Lifecycle
- Passionate about software development, solving complex problems and continuous improvement
- Customer focused with excellent communication skills
In return for your work and commitment, we offer a competitive package including bonus, life assurance, private medical cover, car lease scheme, 25 days holidays, subsidised restaurant and on-site gym facilities.