Lead Software Engineer (Ref REQ-082)
Closing Date: 14/11/2019 23:59:59
We're seeking a highly skilled and experienced Lead Software Engineer to join our growing agile software development group. You’ll lead a team of software engineers to deliver on key projects to continuously develop more comprehensive insights of our car, driving our race performance.
This role will include both people management and hands on technical involvement in key projects.
Partnering with key areas of the business, you’ll balance their needs with team capacity and manage internal customers software experience. Key projects include developing our Driver in the Loop real time simulator, our HPC infrastructure and our data capture and analysis systems. You’ll streamline our software development projects and processes, build the capabilities of our team and work with both existing systems and new projects, to deliver real value in the business.
Your work will push our car development both on and off track, and you’ll get the opportunity to work with a wide range of key stakeholders, delivering high value projects with a real-world impact.
We want to be the best in everything that we do from racing cars to software development, and are looking to revolutionise our working practices, from concept to deployment. We’re creating the next generation of software infrastructure that will be the foundation of our success for years to come.
We’re looking for someone who has proven experience in leading a software team, delivering solutions to complex problems and who can work with key stakeholders, maintaining a strong customer focus. It’s a really exciting time to join our team, where you can make a tangible impact on our car development and race performance.
What You'll Do
- Lead and coach the software development team, building a supportive environment and developing capabilities to ensure the smooth delivery of major technical projects.
- Be the key point of contact for new software requirements and internal stakeholder management.
- Enhance existing systems, ensuring sustainable solutions, whilst building the functionality of the future.
- Streamline our software engineering projects and processes with the team, ensuring seamless customer experiences and advocating best practices.
- Provide architectural advice and guidance.
- Support some of our live race events, ensuring the team can access the right information at the right time to enhance our strategic decision making.
- With support from the business, lead the software development team on all people matters with a focus on performance, development, engagement and wellbeing.
Who You Are
- Degree in Computer Science (or similar), or relevant experience.
- Experience leading high performing self-organising teams, delivering solutions to complex problems
- Excellent communication skills and experience working with a strong customer focus
- Experience using agile development methodologies such as TDD and CI
- Significant experience of at least one programming language, ideally C#, and a strong knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming (OOP).
- Extensive knowledge of the full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Excellent communication skills and experience managing key stakeholder relationships
- Able to create and nurture a culture of problem solvers eager to tackle new challenges
In return for your work and commitment, we offer a competitive package including bonus, life assurance, private medical cover, car lease scheme, 25 days holidays, subsidised restaurant and on-site gym facilities.