Desktop Support Analyst (18 Months Fixed Term) (Ref REQ-085)
Closing Date: 25/08/2019 23:59:59
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Desktop Support Analyst to join the IT Service Team, reporting into the IT Service Desk Team Leader. The successful candidate for this role will be able to incorporate appropriate elements of the ITIL service framework into enabling continual improvements to the user experience. They will also be responsible for delivering a high-quality Desktop Support to the business enabling efficient and effective use of a wide range of IT services.
Key accountabilities / duties include:
- Aiding customers in a professional manner following agreed procedures for further help or escalation of requests and acting as a single point of contact for customer queries
- Investigating causes of incidents and seeking resolution, analysing complex problem situations to determine underlying causes and helping customers to recover or continue operation.
- Ensure support desk queries are actioned as per service level agreements, kept up to date and communicated to the customer at all times.
- Carry out routine monitoring and reporting tasks against CSFs and KPIs.
- Taking defined action on simple problems and escalate unforeseen or exceptional circumstances to the Team Lead.
- Initiating preventative measures and ensuring existing problems and known errors in supported systems are understood and managed appropriately.
- Escalate unresolved calls to the appropriate team.
- Arrange external technical support where problems cannot be resolved in-house.
- Build machines, schedule and deploy to the customers.
- Adherence to the Asset Management policy and ensure all asset records are correct.
- Publish support documentation to assist both customers and internal team.
- Provide out of hours phone support to customers when required, in line with the team rota.
- Maintain stock levels of IT equipment and consumables.
The preferred candidate will have / experience with the following tools:
- VM creation and maintenance
- Knowledge in SQL Database Administration
- MS SharePoint Administration
- MS SCCM Administration
- Strong hardware, machine build and software deployment skills
- Rounded network knowledge and skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems with emphasis on Windows10
- Strong knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite
- Remote Desktop Support
- iOS Mobile device support
- Citrix Support
- ITIL v3/4 Foundation
The successful candidate must have:
- Previous IT Service Team experience desirable
- You will be a self-motivated achiever who gains satisfaction from providing excellent customer service
- Excellent communication skills and telephone manner
- Excellent organisational skills
- A strong sense of urgency and the ability to multi-task effectively
- Encourage and maintain a positive employee culture of good communications, customer care and continuous improvement within team members.
- Contribute to the overall success of the IT Team by working together to improve existing processes and technical understanding
In return for your work and commitment, we offer a competitive package including bonus, life assurance, private medical cover, car lease scheme, 25 days holidays, subsidised restaurant and on-site gym facilities.