Industrial Placement (Ref REQ-086)
Closing Date: 25/08/2019 23:59:59
A fantastic opportunity has become available in our Digital Engineering Transformation Department for an Industrial Placement Student interested in process automation design and development.
Reporting to one of the Business Process Engineers within the Engineering Process Management Team, the successful candidate will take the lead in the development of the team’s Robotic Process Automation capability. By leveraging their technical background and using an analytical approach, they will identify and assess opportunities for efficiency improvements throughout the team and implement automation solutions which are compatible with the Digital Engineering Transformation Department’s long-term strategic objectives.
Key accountabilities / duties include but are not limited to:
- Identifying automation opportunities to save time and money throughout the team, focusing on the Engineering and Operational areas in particular
- Supporting the Engineering Process Management Team in critically assessing the suitability of automation tools to support business requests
- Developing high quality, production ready software solutions to implement automation throughout the team in a robust, efficient manner
- Maintaining the Engineering Process Management Team’s current suite of automation tools and supporting Business Users using them
- Working closely with IT to manage and improve our automation infrastructure and governance
The successful candidate must have:
- Currently studying a for a degree in an Engineering or Technical discipline (2:1 minimum grade)
- A keen interest in automation and its application in a business environment
- Experience in programming (including scripting/ coding) – a high level of proficiency in at least one scripting language
- Experience working on process improvements and optimisations
- Additional Qualifications in programming or Robotic Process Automation software would be beneficial
Flexibility in hours and approach is required, along with a ‘can do’, ‘team playing’ attitude. Good verbal and written communication skills are very important.
We demand the best from our people. So it’s only right we reward them with the best benefits. That’s why we offer a competitive package, including: a generous bonus, life assurance, private medical cover, Mercedes company car lease scheme, 25 days holiday, on-site gym and subsidised restaurant facilities.