CNC Programmer (Ref REQ-190204)
Closing Date: 13/11/2019 23:59:59
CNC Programmer, Composite Machining Centre
A vacancy has arisen for a CNC Programmer within the Composite Machining Centre, reporting to the Composite Machining Manager and Senior Programmer.
You will be responsible for creating machine programmes direct from 3D CAD Model for multiple 5 axis machine centres.
Your other responsibilities will include:
- Creating programmes for machinist to utilise for the operation of 5 Axis machine centres within controlled process to the highest quality whilst meeting timescales.
- Maintaining quality and workmanship to high standards using timely and cost-effective manufacturing methods following department protocol.
- Responsible to work with team members to contribute towards the development and feed back to CAM supplier and design.
- Responsible for minimising scrap by using the most efficient machining methods.
- Promoting and enforce Health and Safety regulations within the workshop and Company.
- Solving manufacturing problems and communicating problems to relevant personnel, as per departmental and Company procedures.
- Liaising with various personnel as required, across the functions within the whole team.
- Complying with all departmental and Company procedures and ensuring safe use of all tooling and machinery.
- Flexibility in hours and the ability to work under minimum supervision.
The successful candidate will have a recognised engineering apprenticeship or equivalent qualification. Knowledge of Autodesk (Delcam) Powermill and Powershape software is essential. A proven competence of 5 Axis CNC machine tools is essential and experience of Windows and Microsoft office software is required.