Graduate T & D Design Engineer (Ref REQ-190251)
Closing Date: 31/01/2020 23:59:59
A fantastic opportunity has become available in our Test and Development Design Group for a Graduate T&D Design Engineer.
Reporting to the Head of T&D Design group, the successful candidate will work on a variety of projects split between Test and Development design and Pit Equipment design, encompassing both metallic and composite design. Using an analytical approach alongside a high attention to detail to engineering design, they will work on projects from design through testing and implementation onto the race car.
- Working on the design and development of a wide range of test fixtures and rigs for the T&D Lab to the highest standards.
- Support lab testing collaborating with lab technicians as required.
- Support pit stops activities working collaborating with race mechanics as required.
- Generating 3D models, CAD assemblies and 2D drawings.
- Reliability management of assigned systems throughout component life cycle and in support of the team’s reliability function.
- Close collaboration with other engineering departments and external suppliers to ensure fully integrated system designs, achieving optimal car performance.
- Use of 3DX FEA to support your own designs.
- Mechanical, automotive or aeronautical engineering degree (2:1 minimum grade) or similar qualification.
- Experience of Catia V5/3DX mechanical design package.
- Knowledge of Finite Element Analysis tools and hand calculation methodologies to produce reliable and optimised designs.
- Excellent communication and collaborative skills to ensure cross departmental integration.
- High attention to detail and the ability to work under limited supervision to tight deadlines.
In return for your work and commitment, we offer a competitive package including bonus, life assurance, private medical cover, car lease scheme, 25 days holidays, subsidised restaurant and on-site gym facilities.