Mechanical Design Engineer (Ref REQ-190274)
Closing Date: 31/01/2020 23:59:59
A fantastic opportunity has become available in our Mechanical Design Group for a Mechanical Design Engineer.
Reporting to one of our Lead Mechanical Design Engineers, the successful candidate will work on a variety of projects on the car’s suspension, steering and brake systems encompassing both metallic and composite design. Using an analytical approach alongside a high attention to detail to engineering design, they will work on projects from design through testing and implementation onto the race car.
- Working on the design and development of mechanical, hydraulic and composite assemblies to the highest standards.
- Generating 3D models, Assemblies and 2D drawings.
- Specifying and following the R&D testing programmes for safety and performance critical systems
- Reliability management of assigned systems throughout component life cycle and in support of the team’s reliability function.
- Close collaboration with other engineering departments and external suppliers to ensure fully integrated system designs, achieving optimal car performance.
- Use of Catia FEA to support your own designs
- Mechanical, automotive or aeronautical engineering degree (2:1 minimum grade) or similar qualification.
- Minimum of two years experience in F1, another top level motorsport category or an equivalent high level engineering industry essential.
- Experience of Catia V5/3DX mechanical design package would be beneficial.
- Use of finite element analysis tools (ideally with Catia V5/3DX package) and hand calculation methodologies to produce reliable and optimised designs.
- Excellent communication and collaborative skills to ensure cross departmental integration
- High attention to detail and the ability to work under limited supervision to tight deadlines.
We demand the best from our people. So, it’s only right we reward them with the best benefits. That’s why we offer a competitive package, including: a generous bonus, life assurance, private medical cover, Mercedes company car lease scheme, 25 days holiday, on-site gym and subsidised restaurant facilities.