Cost Engineer (FTC) (Ref REQ-190281)
Closing Date: 24/02/2020 23:59:59
We have exciting opportunities for Cost / Production Engineers within our Engineering Efficiency Department. The successful candidates will be responsible for providing cost and Production Engineering expertise to our engineering departments in the Design Office (Mechanical or Composite Engineer, depending on experience).
- Supporting the Engineering Team providing a cost estimate function in a timely fashion at all stages of the design process.
- Conducting Value Engineering / Value Analysis exercises at assembly level with the objective of removing waste, reducing cost and lead time.
- Provide Production Engineering support to the Engineering Team, driving design for manufacture, cost reduction and a smooth transition to operations.
- Identify new or existing technology enabling us to drive new process to reduce cost.
- Collaborate with the supply chain to identify opportunities to reduce lead time and cost.
We are looking for self-motivated, team players who are passionate about working for our team and have a winning mindset. The ideal candidates should have:
- An Engineering Degree (2.1 minimum), with specialisation in Mechanical, Composites or Project Management from the Automotive or Aerospace industry.
- Mechanical or Composites Production Engineering experience in a relevant industry.
- Good communication and negotiation skills with the ability to build relationships.
- A demonstrable ability to collate cost estimates at component and project level in good time.
- The ability to analyse, interpret and present data to all levels in the business.
- Influencing skills, helping to direct design decisions.
- Experience of using modern CAD systems.
- Experience of applying Lean practices.
- Inquisitive and able to challenge the status quo.
We’re looking for someone who can become embedded in our Design office, who can work independently with minimal supervision. If this sounds like you, please apply using the buttons below.
In return for your work and commitment, we offer a competitive package including bonus, life assurance, private medical cover, 25 days holidays, subsidised restaurant and on-site gym facilities.