Principal Experimental Aerodynamicist (Ref REQ-200027)
Closing Date: 24/02/2020 23:59:59
Reporting to the Head of Aerodynamics, you will be responsible for ensuring we have the right experimental tools to develop the aerodynamics of our racing cars – methods that are accurate, repeatable, efficient and effective, and which allow us to extract maximum understanding from our wind-tunnel tests.
Key accountabilities / duties include:
Leading a small, multi-skilled team of engineers and working collaboratively with specialists from across the Department, you will oversee the continual development of our experimental methods. Your remit will cover areas such as:
- Techniques for measuring on-model and off-surface aerodynamic properties.
- Wind tunnel, model and motion systems.
- Software used to perform experiments and analyse results.
Key accountabilities include:
- Creating strategic vision for how we develop our experimental facilities.
- Delivering experimental capabilities and methods.
- Building and extending our knowledge of emerging technologies.
- Defining best practice for using our experimental facilities.
- Mentoring and developing the engineers in the experimental aerodynamics group.
- Contributing to the overall direction and strategy of the Aerodynamics Department as part of the departmental management team.
- Are working / have worked at a senior engineer position in aerodynamics (e.g. Group Leader in a motorsport or aerospace setting).
- Have a broad overview of experimental techniques and wind tunnel testing.
- Enjoy using your attention to detail to understand and solve technical problems.
- Have shown you can find and implement new and novel solutions on time.
- Relish collaborating across functions in a team environment, employing an open and honest communication style.
- Have experience in mentoring highly skilled engineers.
- Are passionate about your work, comfortable under pressure and resilient.