Wind Tunnel Technician (Fixed Term Weekend Nights Shift) (Ref REQ-200029)
Closing Date: 30/04/2020 23:59:59
An exciting vacancy has arisen for a Wind Tunnel Technician reporting to the Wind Tunnel Operations Manager.
As part of our highly skilled team of wind tunnel technicians, you will be responsible for:
- Operating the wind tunnel in accordance with an agreed rota of shift system.
- Execution of model changes for aerodynamic development tests in liaison with the aerodynamicists and model technicians.
- Assistance with maintenance and improvement of the tunnel systems in conjunction with other staff and outside contractors.
- Investigating and resolving tunnel issues.
- Maintaining and updating tunnel operating procedures, manuals and instrumentation records.
- Generating new ideas for improving the quality and productivity of the facility.
- Ensuring health and safety procedures are followed at all times.
- Maintaining high standards of housekeeping.
The ideal candidate will have an engineering qualification and demonstrate a high level of understanding of both mechanical and electronics systems. This position demands a high level of computer literacy and familiarity with typical instrumentation systems and data analysis tools (Pi toolbox). Strong practical engineering skills are also required when carrying out changes on the wind tunnel model.
Flexibility in hours and approach is required along with the ability to work on your own initiative, under high pressure and to strict deadlines.
In return for your work and commitment, we offer a competitive package including bonus, life assurance, private medical cover, car lease scheme, 25 days holidays, subsidised restaurant and on-site gym facilities.