Composite Design Engineer - Fixed Term Contract (Ref REQ-200041)
Closing Date: 28/02/2020 23:59:59
A fantastic opportunity has become available in our Composite Design Group for a Composite Design Engineer working on a fixed term contract. This role will support strategic projects and will be embedded in our design team.
Reporting to the Head of Composite Design group, the successful candidate will work on a variety of carbon composite car parts for tour F1 racing car. You must be comfortable challenging yourself and others with respect and passion to drive our projects forward whilst striving to achieve the best possible results. You will exhibit an in-depth understanding of composites design and their applications with a solid first principles understanding.
- Design and development of composite race car parts throughout part life cycle
- Definition and documentation of manufacturing information (including ply book generation)
- Working on the design and development of composite race car parts assemblies throughout part life cycle to the highest standards.
- Generating 3D models, Assemblies and 2D drawings.
- Definitions and support of car part tests requests
- Reliability management of assigned systems throughout component life cycle and in support of the team’s reliability function.
- Close collaboration with other engineering departments and external suppliers to ensure fully integrated system designs, achieving optimal car performance.
- Composite, mechanical, automotive or aeronautical or science engineering degree (2:1 minimum grade) or similar qualification.
- Having multiple years’ experience in F1, another top-level motorsport category or an equivalent high-level engineering industry is essential.
- Experience of Catia V5/3DX composite and surfacing design package would be beneficial.
- Use of finite element analysis tools (ideally with Catia V5/3DX package) and hand calculation methodologies to produce reliable and optimised designs is a significant benefit.
- Excellent communication and collaborative skills to ensure cross departmental integration.
- High attention to detail and the ability to work under limited supervision to tight deadlines.
Whilst the environment in which you will work will be pressured and will demand a high level of attention to detail, you will be fully supported by your team to give you opportunity to be creative and develop solutions to achieve the very best.
In return for your work and commitment, we offer a competitive package including bonus, life assurance, private medical cover, 25 days holidays, subsidised restaurant and on-site gym facilities.