Electronics Installation Design Engineer (Ref REQ-200045)
Closing Date: 28/02/2020 23:59:59
Electronics Installation Design Engineer – Fixed Term Contract
A fantastic opportunity has become available in our Electronics Group for an Electronics Installation Design Engineer working on a fixed term contract. This role will support strategic projects and will be embedded in our design team.
Reporting to the Senior Electronics Installation Design Engineer, the successful candidate will work on a variety of projects designing Electronic components using CAD (Dassault 3Dx) in 3D modelling and Electrical Schematic (VeSys) capture packages for both on car and off car systems for electrical and electronic installations and wiring harness design. Using an analytical approach to highly detailed engineering design, you will work on projects from design through testing and implementation onto the race car.
- Design of Electronic components and assembly installations using electronic CAD system VeSys & Catia 3Dx specification management and component selection.
- Configuration and management of the I/O sheet.
- Adherence to the group project planning documentation and creating visibility where scheduling clashes and or resource limitations will affect project deliverables.
- Liaison with external suppliers to provide manufacturing specifications and assembly drawings.
- Strong experience of working in an electronic design role in a Formula One team, a top-level motorsport team, automotive company or for a Formula One electronic system/component supplier.
- Experience in using Electronic CAD systems for Electrical Schematic design and 3D installation bundle design, drafting and PCB capture.
- Experience in preparing and using test fixtures and electronic test equipment.
- Experience in creating requirements specifications, project and budget planning, and in writing and maintaining specifications and documentation.
- Ideally a qualification in an Electrical or Electronic discipline.
Whilst the environment in which you will work will be pressured and will demand a high level of attention to detail, you will be fully supported by your team to give you opportunity to be creative and develop solutions to achieve the very best.
In return for your work and commitment, we offer a competitive package including bonus, life assurance, private medical cover, 25 days holidays, subsidised restaurant and on-site gym facilities.