Indirect Buyer (Ref REQ-200051)
Closing Date: 28/02/2020 23:59:59
A vacancy has arisen for a Indirect Buyer within the Purchasing department.
You will work with various stakeholders across the business to expand the scale and scope of indirect purchasing activities. Maximising value for money and ensuring professional process and control of expenditure.
Participating in purchasing activities in line with company policy including:
- Provide guidance and assistance to stakeholders in all aspects of purchasing.
- Ensure that all purchasing is in compliance with the company’s policies and procedures.
- Prepare commercial specifications for request for proposals, including (with support on Legal dept.) terms and conditions and evaluation criteria.
- Request competitive quotations and negotiate best value with Suppliers for indirect goods and services.
- Solicit information regarding a variety of purchases by telephone, interview or written requests ensuring cost effectiveness commensurate with quality.
- Keep apprised of economic / business situations as they affect purchasing strategy; make recommendations to stakeholders to adequately meet those changing conditions.
- Review tenders and purchase award documentation with respect to quality, suitability, delivery and pricing.
- Responsible for awarding contracts and purchase orders with consensus from the respective stakeholders.
- Recommend achievable changes to related company practices; interpret policies and procedures to stakeholders in their need to purchase goods and services.
- Analyse current procurement activities and recommend improvement through more efficient procurement methods, quantity discounts, standardisation, value analysis and cooperative purchasing.
- Prepare and maintains accurate records and documentation on all request for quotes, responses, purchases, contracts, correspondence and related follow up.
- Meet with stakeholders and suppliers to discuss the purchase of goods or services and determine best value.
- Proactively liaise between suppliers and stakeholders to resolve purchasing supply issues, ensuring an accurate and timely provision of information and supply.
- Expedite outstanding purchase orders to ensure delivery requirements are met and update delivery status accordingly.
- For key Suppliers promote and develop contact and liaison with them and stakeholders.
- Interview current suppliers to improve levels of service and new suppliers to develop and establish new sources of supply.
- Collect and report statistics to measure commodity and/or supplier performance.
- Evaluate and monitor contracts to be sure that suppliers comply with the terms and conditions of the contract and to determine the need for relevant contract changes.
- Coordinate and resolve contractual problems/queries with stakeholders and suppliers.
- Assist in resolving Accounts Payable invoice discrepancies and variances.
- Accurately maintain the purchasing databases to a high standard.
- Perform other related duties such as special assignments and annual major objectives as required.
The successful candidate will ideally be degree educated, MCIPS and possess SAP and Indirect purchasing experience with good stakeholder management experience and capability.
In addition to this, the successful candidate will be committed, motivated and self disciplined in their work.
Flexibility in hours and approach is required, along with appropriate supportive team behaviours, and abilities to work with minimal supervision to tight deadlines in a high throughput environment.
We demand the best from our people. So, it’s only right we reward them with the best benefits. That’s why we offer a competitive package, including: a generous bonus, life assurance, private medical cover, Mercedes company car lease scheme, 25 days holiday, on-site gym and subsidised restaurant facilities.