Partnership Development Executive (Ref REQ-200074)
Closing Date: 25/04/2020 23:59:59
We have an exciting opportunity in our Commercial team for a sales role in the Partnerships Acquisition team reporting to the Head of Partnership Acquisition.
You will be responsible for acquiring new partners for F1, Formula E and Esports.
Key accountabilities / duties include:
- Deliver the net income target on an annual basis.
- Be responsible for developing leads, creating rights packages, preparing presentations, pitching for sponsorship, and negotiating terms.
- Represent the team’s interests credibly and capably with external stakeholders.
- Evolving the sponsorship strategy in line with progress.
- Build and maintain relationships with the appropriate stakeholders globally.
- Plan, develop and manage creative and dynamic ideas and proposals relevant to sponsorship's.
- Proven success at closing multiple sales deals.
- Strong network of decision-making and / or budget holding brand owners.
- Detailed understanding of the full life-cycle of sports sponsor acquisition (analysing, sourcing, contacting, discovering needs, pitching and closing).
- An excellent presenter with a relaxed and confident demeanour.
- Experience of sports sponsorship sales for a premium sports rights holder (ie. one of the world’s leading sports teams).
- Strong understanding of contract law.
- Experience working for an investment bank, marketing or advertising agency in a business development/sales role.
- Experience of consultative sales for companies like Accenture, PWC, Deloitte, McKinsey, Boston Consulting Group, Bain etc.
- Strong global network of decision-making and/or budget holding brand owners.
The characteristics of this person will be critical: Intelligent, tenacious, articulate, resilient, adaptable, creative. With an optimist’s view of the world.
The successful candidate will have experience of working with complex sales cycle products (high-level sports sponsorship, sophisticated software products etc.) with evidence of sales success. Experience of working within the sales team of a high-profile sports rights-holder and/or experience of Insights or Solution selling of complex multi-faceted solutions will be beneficial.
You will have good knowledge of the core business of sports marketing including associated qualifications business or marketing qualifications. You will require first-class organisational and time management skills and be details-orientated when necessary (negotiation, contracting).
The successful candidate will thrive on multi-tasking across numerous on-going projects, whilst working in a fast-paced and busy office environment. You will possess excellent communication skills, have high levels of drive and be able to think clearly under pressure making decisions within a pressurised environment.
Flexibility in hours and approach is required in order to complete operational duties, and the role will require extensive travel, along with the ability to work under minimum supervision with a “can do” team attitude. You will be fluent in English and other languages would be an advantage.
In return for your work and commitment, we offer a competitive package including bonus, life assurance, private medical cover, 25 days holidays, subsidised restaurant and on-site gym facilities.