CFD Aerodynamicist (Ref REQ-200105)
Closing Date: 30/04/2020 23:59:59
We have an exciting and challenging opportunity for a CFD Aerodynamicist within the Aerodynamics department. The successful candidate would be interested in developing their career within our innovative, forward-looking Formula One team and would work within the CFD applications group.
Key responsibilities would include:
- Working alongside highly skilled aerodynamicists, use the most innovative approaches in CFD to develop the best overall model for Aero development
- Identify correlation issues and demonstrate creativity to understand and resolve them, continually improving the aerodynamic development success rate
- Provide testing and support of our existing CFD codes and processes
- Act as a liaison between CFD developers and Aerodynamicists (CFD users) to ensure new software and processes meet the user’s requirements, including defining the process and workflow where necessary
- Use CFD and aerodynamic understanding to improve the efficiency of our CFD process, reducing man time and time on cluster
- Build on our tools to correlate CFD, windtunnel and track testing, to maximise the efficiency of the racecar aerodynamic development
The successful candidate would have:
- A strong score in an Aeronautical or Mechanical Engineering degree with a significant CFD content
- A track record of learning new engineering software quickly with knowledge of high-level programming, such as Python
- A strong understanding of aerodynamic principles and CFD theory, such as turbulence modelling, numerical stability etc.
- Experience in effective collaboration and the ability to interact well in a team
- Experience of practical applications of CFD to complex 3D geometries
We offer a competitive package including bonus, life assurance, private medical cover, Mercedes Company Car lease scheme, 25 days holiday (adjusted with service), on-site gym and restaurant facilities.
When applying if we could please ask you to include short answers to the following questions in your application that would be appreciated:
- Why does a CFD-related career interest you?
- What CFD experience do you have?
- What knowledge/experience, if any, do you have of OpenFOAM and/or SnappyHexMesh?