Social Media Designer (Ref REQ-200195)
Closing Date: 20/09/2020 23:59:59
We have an exciting opportunity for a Social Media Designer to join our Team. This role is responsible for providing creative visual content (still image, animation and moving image) to the Mercedes AMG F1 social media channels and digital properties.
Working as an embedded part of the social media team, this role will be able to shape and design the visual assets used across the largest team social media channels in Formula One.
We are looking for a dynamic independent thinker and worker, who is at the forefront of digital creative innovation and able to engage, entertain, inform and disrupt with visual content across a range of social media platforms.
- Working closely with the Mercedes F1 Communications team to produce content for the team’s suite of social media channels and digital platforms.
- Understand the team’s brand guidelines, tone of voice and specific distinctions between channels – as well as those of team partners where relevant and appropriate.
- Ensure the creative function is constantly progressing, monitoring technological and platform developments, keeping Mercedes F1 at the forefront of digital creative innovation in the sport industry.
- Liaise with other departments in the team to ensure content is dynamic and consistently come up with new ideas to offer clients (existing and prospective).
- A stand-out portfolio / reel.
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud, After Effects, Photoshop, lllustrator, Cinema 4D.
- Detailed knowledge of – and enthusiasm for – the digital sport industry and social media.
- A passion for visual storytelling to help the social media team create the most compelling narrative.
- A strong interest and knowledge of Formula One and Motorsport.
- An ability to produce digitally drawn assets, with expertise in fundamental practices such as compositing, motion tracking and rotoscoping.
- Strong communication and organisational skills, competent file management and attention to detail.
- A passion for 2D motion graphic design and animation, with the ability to animate a variety of styles and techniques.
- Proven experience in creating assets that are visually impactful and optimised for social platforms.
- Competent filming and editing skills for short videos for social media use.
- An innovative, creative and disruptive mindset; it is imperative that the successful candidate can add flair to a project.
- A self-starter who will react to online trends and expand the uses of existing assets.
- A willingness to work Grand Prix weekends according to demand.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines and manage time efficiently.
We offer a competitive package including bonus, life assurance, private medical cover, Mercedes Company Car lease scheme, 25 days holiday, on-site gym and subsidised restaurant facilities.