Simulation and Modelling Engineer (Ref REQ-200308)
Closing Date: 28/06/2021 23:59:59
An exciting position has become available within the Simulation and Modelling group for a new Simulation and Modelling Engineer. This position will report directly to the Lead Simulation and Modelling Engineer.
We are looking for engineers with the appropriate mathematical, numerical modelling and vehicle dynamics skills along with the ability to write quality code towards the development of simulations in our current environments
Key accountabilities / duties include:
- Develop and maintain physical models, sub-models and simulation algorithms to meet the requirements of our current simulation methodologies
- Research and use appropriate technologies continuously innovate and develop our models and simulation further, while pragmatically meeting the engineering requirements of the Team
- Interact internally and directly with other groups within the Team to provide solutions supporting objective technical decision making
- Ensure the on-going quality and correlation of the simulations against track and rig data to maintain the validity of the simulation results
- As well as being a passionate and hardworking team player, the ideal candidates will possess:
- A mechanical or aeronautical engineering degree (Master or PhD) from a leading university or similar qualification, however the skills, the experience, the ability to learn, the energy and the attitude are most important
- Excellent grounding in engineering numerical methods, classical mechanics, and multi-body dynamics. Relevant experience in non-linear programming techniques and optimal control will be considered beneficial
- Conversant with engineering software tools and object-oriented coding languages
- Excellent communicative and collaborative skills are essential
- Previous experience in industry in a comparable role would be considered beneficial
We demand the best from our people. So, it’s only right we reward them with the best benefits. That’s why we offer a competitive package, including: life assurance, private medical cover, 25 days holiday, on-site gym, and subsidised restaurant facilities.