Graduate Aerodynamic Design Engineer (Ref REQ-210215)
Closing Date: 29/06/2021 23:59:59
We have an exciting opening for a Graduate Aerodynamic Design Engineer to work collaboratively alongside other skilled designers and aerodynamicists, generating new surface concepts and model parts for wind tunnel testing. As a valued member of our Aerodynamics Department, your ideas and skills will make a tangible contribution to the Team.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Designing scale model components for wind-tunnel testing
- Planning and releasing parts for manufacture to an agreed timing schedule
- Providing support and information to those preparing and testing the model components.
- Collating and analysing information on the time taken to fit parts
- Continuously raising quality, incorporating lessons learnt from previous designs
- Creating CAD surfaces for new concepts, working closely with our aerodynamicists
- Developing our capability, methodology and processes, eg the next generation of CAD tools
Supported and mentored by knowledgeable engineers, you will see your skills develop. Immersed in a culture of empowerment and fresh thinking, you will take the next step in a successful career in your chosen specialism.
You are passionate about design and possess a degree in a relevant discipline, such as Engineering or Product Design.
You have an understanding of material selection for design and have prior experience of using CAD software to design components and surfaces. These competences may have been gained through working in industry or on university projects, or via other routes. We use CATIA 3DX, but candidates with experience of using other packages and who are interested in developing their skills are also welcome.
Capable of working on your own and applying your reflective nature to understand a problem, your open and honest communication style means you also relish collaborating in a team setting. With a broad overview of your subject, you enjoy discussing technical concepts and finding novel solutions to problems that require an eye for detail design, interpretive skill and dependable judgment.
A prior interest in motorsport is not required: we are more interested in your potential to deliver by applying your design skills and understanding to practical engineering challenges.
We demand the best from our people so it’s only right we reward them with the best benefits. That’s why we offer a competitive package, including: a generous bonus scheme, life assurance, private medical cover and 25-days holiday.