Dyno Operations Manager (Ref REQ-210310)
Closing Date: 04/08/2021 23:59:59
Reporting to the Head of Dyno Groups, this position has the responsibility for managing the operational aspects of the dyno test facility. This includes line management of the dyno operational personnel, test bed service and maintenance, reliability, safety, and operational efficiency.
Key Accountabilities (Duties)
- Line management of dyno operational personnel.
- Managing the operational effectiveness of the four test beds within the dyno group monitoring KPIs against target.
- Liaise with the Dyno Test Engineers for the implementation of the Dyno Test Plan.
- Recruitment, training and development of the team, ensuring competent skill requirements are met in all areas.
- Establishing and developing external maintenance support contracts for the test beds and the facility ensuring appropriate levels of support at best cost and within budget.
- Primary point of contact for all contractors supporting work within the building; ensuring adherence to company procedures for the management of contractors.
- Leading safety within the dyno group, responsible for all aspects of health, safety, and wellbeing for all personnel, including visitors, within the dyno building.
- Lead FMEA initiatives across all test beds for operational robustness, and develop business continuity plans and actions.
- Managing personnel access to areas of the building for security, confidentiality and safety purposes.
- Act as the Facility Hire Manager to be the main point of on-site contact for customer use of the facility.
- Ensure adherence to regulatory compliance with respect to the FIA Formula One Regulations; both financial and technical.
- Proven management experience of a diverse team, including performance and growth development.
- Experience dealing with external contractors and/or customers, as well as internal stakeholders.
- Working knowledge of safety standards, and co-ordinating facility maintenance programmes.
- Understanding of financial principals.
- Drive and motivation to continually improve.
- Highly motivated, able to make decisions within a pressurised environment and have an active interest in technical problem solving.
We demand the best from our people so it’s only right we reward them with the best benefits. That’s why we offer a competitive package, including: a generous bonus scheme, life assurance, private medical cover and 25-days holiday.