Senior Composite Design Engineer (Ref REQ-210537)
Closing Date: 29/06/2022 23:59:59
A fantastic opportunity has become available in our Composite Design Working Group for a Senior Composite Design Engineer. Reporting to the Lead Composite Design Engineer, the successful candidate will be responsible for leading projects to deliver both performance and reliability to a significant area of the car design. You must be comfortable challenging yourself and others with respect and passion to drive our projects forward whilst striving to achieve the best possible results. You will exhibit an in-depth understanding of composites design, materials selection, manufacturing processes and their applications with a solid first principles understanding.
- Responsible for delivering high-quality engineering solutions for significant projects within the specific Car Group area.
- Strong ownership of assigned project thought the product life cycle.
- Understand and drive cost effective design solutions.
- Close collaboration with internal and external manufacturing departments to ensure fully integrated designs achieving optimal car performance.
- Highlighting risks to Lead Engineer & HoD throughout the product lifecycle.
- Leading Design reviews of assigned projects with respect to both performance and reliability.
- Delivering quality schemes to Stress Group in an efficient manner, allowing sufficient time to provide an optimised design solution.
- Responsible for checking drawing releases for any supporting Engineers ensuring they meet MAMG design standards.
- Collating and reporting on final assembly mass as stated within the mass tracker in terms of both CoG and mass.
- Definition of performance and reliability test & development programs for relevant designs & projects.
- Technical resolution of car feedback allocated to your projects and supporting the Groups Reliability Engineer.
- Composite, Mechanical, or Aeronautical Engineering degree (2:1 minimum grade) or similar qualification.
- Having multiple years’ experience in F1, with a proven track record for leading and delivering significant car projects.
- A clear and holistic understanding of racing car design.
- Experience of Catia V5/3DX design & FEA package would be beneficial.
- Understanding and ability to perform hand calculation produce reliable and optimised designs.
- An in-depth understanding and ability to interpret FEA results.
- Excellent communication and collaborative skills to ensure clear direction for your projects and cross departmental integration.
- High attention to detail and the ability to work under limited supervision to tight deadlines.
Whilst the environment in which you will work will be pressured and will demand a high level of attention to detail, you will be fully supported by your team to give you opportunity to be creative and develop solutions to achieve the very best.
What the Role will offer
- Working in an exciting fast-paced environment you will have the opportunity to learn, develop, and contribute to the success of the Team.
- Supported by a Team with a great range of experience and depth of knowledge, you will turn bright ideas into the next performance advantage.
- Opportunity to witness your ideas & designs progress through our industry leading Manufacturing and Testing facilities.
In return for your work and commitment, we offer a competitive package including bonus, life assurance, private medical cover, car lease scheme, 25 days holidays, subsidised restaurant and on-site gym facilities