Technical Roles 
Operations Roles 
Business Roles 
Senior Hydraulics Technician (Ref REQ-190229)
Closing Date: 23/12/2019 23:59:59
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Hydraulics Technician to join the team on a fixed term basis reporting into the Director of Applied Sciences. As part of the Systems Group based out of Portsmouth, UK your role will be the installation, development, and day-to-day running of all hydraulic boat systems and test rigs.
Responsibilities to include (but not limited to) the following:
- Installing, testing and maintaining of all hydraulic equipment
- Build, testing and maintaining of Hydraulic Test Rigs
- Assembly integration with drive train and Pumps
- Component assembly, testing and maintaining
- Procurement, lifting and maintenance tracking of hydraulic BOM components
- Working with the design team on integrating Hydraulic Systems
- Hydraulic system problem diagnosis and working on solutions
- America’s Cup World Series support
- Work within the required high level of quality control parameters
- Work within and be part of improving hydraulic systems and shop floor health and safety policies
- Working with wider operational team for launching
- Design support - assisting the systems engineer and designer in specifying and designing the right systems, and in some cases taking on system design yourself.
- Specification and procurement - working with our procurement team to specify circuit build spec, procure appropriate parts and ensure that the whole system is delivered on time.
- Installation, calibration and setup - carry out the assembly and testing on boats and rigs.
- Maintenance and trouble-shooting - finding and fixing problems, ensuring all issues are understood and addressed in design.
- Testing and development - running tests on boats and rigs to develop and understand the system - including planning, execution, analysis and reporting.
- Assisting the wider shore team with boat building, maintenance, and operations during peak times.
We are looking for an experienced, intelligent, professional technician or engineer, with particular attention to the following personal attributes:
- Intelligent and technically sharp with a good quality HND or degree qualification.
- Hands-on recent experience in building and maintaining high-performance hydraulic systems and associated mechanical actuators and drives in a relevant field (e.g. F1, automotive, aerospace, defense or marine, etc).
- Whole-system understanding: including electrical, control, calibration, and mechanical aspects, and associated documentation, schematics, assembly drawings, etc.
- Very high standard of care and attention to the quality and cleanliness of your work, and your working environment.
- Mature and responsible attitude and with the capability of taking on whole projects with minimal supervision.
A flexible approach to working hours and the ability to work well under pressure is central to this role, along with excellent interpersonal and communication skills. While working in this position there will also be a requirement to travel that could see you spending 6 months placed in Auckland, New Zealand.