Technical Roles 
Race Roles 
Business Roles 
Race Software Engineer (Ref REQ-210173)
Closing Date: 27/05/2021 23:59:59
Development of bespoke software solutions to analyse and present data collected in and around the race operations.
Key Accountabilities (Duties)
- Collaborate with other developers to enhance a Meteor/React.js based platform and create new applications
- Use modern code libraries to implement effective solutions, while considering best practices and robust design
- Review and modify existing code to increase operating efficiency or meet new requirements, while enabling testing, debugging and maintenance
- Interact directly with the race team to ensure the software correctly translate their needs into an efficient solution
- Centralise various data sources into a single document-oriented database (MongoDB)
- Design attractive web-based interfaces to allow for interaction, effective data visualisation and to enable clearer communication
- Automate the deployment, maintenance, and health-monitoring of the applications to reduce the overhead on operational staff during race events
The applicant should be proficient in:
• React/Vue/Angular experience. (React preferred)
• NoSQL, document-oriented databases such as MongoDB
• Working collaboratively using version-control systems such as Git
The applicant is expected to have a degree in a relevant field (Computer Science etc.) and / or demonstrable practical experience.
Flexibility in hours and approach is required as the workload and its urgency are strongly influenced by the racing schedule. The ability to work under minimal supervision to strict deadlines is essential.
A large degree of freedom in the software solution choices offers the opportunity for continuous self-improvement and skills development.
The role will offer a flexible balance between on-site presence and remote working.
We demand the best from our people. So it’s only right we reward them with the best benefits. That’s why we offer a competitive package, including: life assurance, private medical cover, 25 days holiday, on-site gym, and subsidised restaurant facilities.