Technical Roles 
Business Roles 
Structural Analysis Engineer (Ref REQ-200155)
Closing Date: 23/09/2020 23:59:59
An exciting position has become available for a highly skilled, creative and self-motivated engineer to join the Structural Analysis team and be part of the historic Silver Arrows.
In becoming the successful candidate, you will be intrinsically involved in the design and development of a large variety of composite projects. You must be comfortable challenging yourself and others with respect and passion to drive our projects forward whilst striving to achieve the best possible results. You will exhibit an in-depth understanding of composites materials and their application within high performance structures, with an aptitude for balancing calculated risk with potential reward.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
Reporting to the Lead Structural Analysis Engineer, your responsibilities will include:
- The Structural analysis of highly complex car and test rig components and assemblies to the highest standards making use of both finite element and hand calculations.
- Close collaboration and teamwork with other engineering departments to exceed car performance and reliability goals and objectives.
- Manage the structural specification and testing requirements for all parts and assemblies.
- Maintaining accurate documentation through the design process in the form of reports including FE results and supporting calculations.
- Supporting the components and assemblies assigned to you though the various stages of life, from inception and design through lab testing and in-service life.
- Continuous improvement of simulation, analysis methodologies and processes for the group.
As the successful candidate you will possess:
- An engineering degree (2:1 minimum grade) or similar qualification with a good level of experience in a high-performance engineering industry.
- A thorough understanding of finite element and hand calculation methods is essential and contact analysis would be advantageous.
- Good experience in the application of leading FEA package(s); Hyperworks, Abaqus, Patran, Nastran, Laminate tools etc.
- A core knowledge in composite material behaviours and how to model or otherwise identify and evaluate them.
- The ability to collaborate and communicate clearly, concisely and confidently with all members of the organisation.
- Experience of 3DX design is of benefit as well as proficiency in Excel.
Whilst the environment in which you will work will be pressured and will demand a high level of attention to detail, you will be fully supported by your team to give you opportunity to be creative and develop solutions to achieve the very best.