Technical Roles 
Operations Roles 
Business Roles 
Senior Aerodynamicist (Ref REQ-031)
Closing Date: 19/10/2019 23:59:59
We are looking for a high-performing Senior Aerodynamicist to join our Team. You already have an established track record in motorsport aerodynamics. With us, you will take the next step to cement a successful career in your chosen specialism.
Supported by our focus on developing your skills, you will fulfil your potential to excel at the highest level. Surrounded by proven winners and using our state-of-the art tools, you will flourish in an Aerodynamics Department that values creativity and fresh thinking.
Working as part of a small team, you will deliver innovative projects that yield on-track results. Responsibilities include:
- Train, mentor and support other engineers, sharing knowledge and specialist skills
- Lead, plan and run complex performance projects through all development stages
- Use our state-of-the-art wind tunnel and CFD facilities to evaluate new designs
- Apply understanding learnt from critical analysis of results to generate innovative solutions
- Work with a range of skilled specialists to turn ideas into reality within tight timescales
- Support the use of specialist tools (eg CFD, experimental) whilst also developing new capability
You have an open and curious mind, a creative approach to aerodynamic development and are keen to develop and push yourself further in a demanding role.
Essential skills and experiences:
- Established track record in top-level motorsport aerodynamics (eg F1, IndyCar, WEC)
- Proven ability to deliver aerodynamic gains using experimental and / or CFD methods
- Outstanding qualifications in a relevant subject, eg PhD, MSc, or strong degree in Aerospace Engineering
- An excellent understanding of the fundamentals of low-speed aerodynamics
- Robust analytical and problem-solving skills, delivering innovative solutions to a high level of detail
- Interpersonal and communication skills of the highest quality
Flexibility in hours and approach is required.
Business Process Engineer (FTC) (Ref REQ-017)
Closing Date: 29/10/2019 23:59:59
We have an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated Business Process Engineer working in our Digital Engineering Transformation department, on a fixed term basis.
Reporting to the Chief Process Engineer the successful candidate will play a key role in the Team’s drive to further optimise our engineering processes and in the smooth implementation of new and improved digital engineering tools. With a strong academic background in engineering and in engineering process optimisation, the candidate will need to demonstrate a high level of relevant experience and an in-depth understanding of value stream and process mapping, business analysis tools and methodologies.
Reporting to the Chief Process Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- driving process capture, mapping and optimisation within the organisation
- ensuring that maximum improvements are made in existing and new engineering, operation and business processes
- ensuring that the requirements of the relevant departments are understood, documented, considered and implemented where possible
- mapping and analysing of existing value streams and processes
- designing and mapping of new processes
- identifying and defining the benefits and outcomes of improved and new processes
- preparing and leading of value stream and process mapping and optimisation
- preparing affected business areas and individuals for transition to new ways of working, including the running of process implementation and user education workshops
- solving process-related problems
- working with and supporting the Change Manager to ensure smooth overall change programme delivery
As well as being a passionate, hardworking team player, the ideal candidate will possess:
- Relevant engineering and/or business master’s degree (2:1 minimum grade) or similar qualification
- Relevant certification in BPM, BA, Lean, Six Sigma etc.
- High level of practical experience in engineering process mapping, analysis and optimisation in a fast pace engineering driven organisation
- High level of exposure and application of engineering process methodologies and tools
- Proven record of significant engineering process optimisation
Excellent communicative and collaborative skills are essential.
Lead Software Engineer (Ref REQ-082)
Closing Date: 14/11/2019 23:59:59
We're seeking a highly skilled and experienced Lead Software Engineer to join our growing agile software development group. You’ll lead a team of software engineers to deliver on key projects to continuously develop more comprehensive insights of our car, driving our race performance.
This role will include both people management and hands on technical involvement in key projects.
Partnering with key areas of the business, you’ll balance their needs with team capacity and manage internal customers software experience. Key projects include developing our Driver in the Loop real time simulator, our HPC infrastructure and our data capture and analysis systems. You’ll streamline our software development projects and processes, build the capabilities of our team and work with both existing systems and new projects, to deliver real value in the business.
Your work will push our car development both on and off track, and you’ll get the opportunity to work with a wide range of key stakeholders, delivering high value projects with a real-world impact.
We want to be the best in everything that we do from racing cars to software development, and are looking to revolutionise our working practices, from concept to deployment. We’re creating the next generation of software infrastructure that will be the foundation of our success for years to come.
We’re looking for someone who has proven experience in leading a software team, delivering solutions to complex problems and who can work with key stakeholders, maintaining a strong customer focus. It’s a really exciting time to join our team, where you can make a tangible impact on our car development and race performance.
What You'll Do
- Lead and coach the software development team, building a supportive environment and developing capabilities to ensure the smooth delivery of major technical projects.
- Be the key point of contact for new software requirements and internal stakeholder management.
- Enhance existing systems, ensuring sustainable solutions, whilst building the functionality of the future.
- Streamline our software engineering projects and processes with the team, ensuring seamless customer experiences and advocating best practices.
- Provide architectural advice and guidance.
- Support some of our live race events, ensuring the team can access the right information at the right time to enhance our strategic decision making.
- With support from the business, lead the software development team on all people matters with a focus on performance, development, engagement and wellbeing.
Who You Are
- Degree in Computer Science (or similar), or relevant experience.
- Experience leading high performing self-organising teams, delivering solutions to complex problems
- Excellent communication skills and experience working with a strong customer focus
- Experience using agile development methodologies such as TDD and CI
- Significant experience of at least one programming language, ideally C#, and a strong knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming (OOP).
- Extensive knowledge of the full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Excellent communication skills and experience managing key stakeholder relationships
- Able to create and nurture a culture of problem solvers eager to tackle new challenges
In return for your work and commitment, we offer a competitive package including bonus, life assurance, private medical cover, car lease scheme, 25 days holidays, subsidised restaurant and on-site gym facilities.